Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Heroes


In a few weeks, the kids I taught at their first grade level - and my first year as a den leader - will be advancing into Boy Scouts.  This is an honorable, humbling and sentimental moment for me.  I have played a part in the lives of several young men, taught them life skills, camped, hiked, cooked, laughed and learned with them.

I've shared a lot of experiences with this group of people and they have become a family to me in many ways.

As I look at the group of young men about to leave my charges and take a step towards adulthood and independence, I realize that while I work so hard to be a good role model for them and help to ensure they have a well-rounded, happy, safe, exciting, educational and healthy experience with scouting, these boys have turned out to be my heroes.  They are brave, courageous, intelligent, passionate, disciplined, and often silly.  I adore each and every one of them for their unique personalities.

I am so very proud of my little Cubs and the adults that have worked to make our group amazing for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment