My oldest son is into sloths. I have no idea why, but when you have a 13 year-old, and they declare their favorite thing is an animal, you are thankful because it could be worse. For Christmas I decided to make him a little sloth guy to hang from his stocking. Or an ornament. Or just because.
Felt: tan, white, dark brown and red
Embroidery Floss: dark brown & tan
2 Seed Beads (small glass beads for eyes)
1. Cut out sloth bodies (2), white oval for face and 2 small ovals for eyes
2. Using very small stitches, stitch dark circles onto face. You can also use tacky glue for this step.
3. Sew beads on for eyes (sorry, I forgot to take pictures of this step!)
4. Stitch nose and mouth with embroidery floss.
5. With tan floss, stitch sloth bodies together. I used a basic blanket stitch.
6. Using Tacky Glue, glue the face onto the sloth.
6. To add a little personal touch, add a small red heart and glue it onto the sloth.
Voila - a 15 minute cute little sloth.