One Christmas, we decided to make cookie ornaments from
a recipe I found from one of my mom's old recipe books.
Here's the basic recipe:
4 parts flour
1 part salt
1 part warm water
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Mix salt & flour
3. Stir in water. Add more 1 tbsp at a time if dough is too thick. Stir until smooth.
4. Knead several times to get out the air and lumps
5. Roll out abut 1/8 - 1/4" thick.
6. Cut out cookies. Using a straw, poke a hole in the ornament for the ribbon.
7. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 60 - 90 minutes. Ornaments should be dry and hard, but not brown. If they start to brown, turn temp down to 250 and cover with aluminum foil.
8. When cool, finish off with paint, sealing glaze, glitter, and all the bedazzle you want.