Monday, May 13, 2013

Phantom in Vegas


Way back in 2010, my lovely boyfriend (now fiancee) invited me to Vegas with him.  As a surprise, he bought us tickets to my absolute favorite musical of all time - Phantom of the Opera.  I always said I would never go see a production of Phantom unless it was a Broadway-worthy production.  Right then I knew he definitely was a keeper!

 A statue in the entryway to the box office.  I had to look 2 or 3 times to make sure it really was a statue!




As soon as we were inside, I was overcome with emotions and pretty much cried the entire way through the performance.  I think I even saw a tear of emotion from the boyfriend at one point.  We had front row top balcony seats - which was amazing when the chandelier scene happened.  

It was an outstanding show.  It met and surpassed my expectations.  It was dramatic and the stage, costuming, actors and set was just perfect for the show.  After 6+ years, they decided to end the Phantom run at the Venetian.  Hopefully I will get to see the show somewhere else in the future.    

No comments:

Post a Comment