Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Chihuly in Vegas


While in Vegas, we stayed at the upscale Bellagio Hotel.  If you don't know hotels for their names, this is the one on the strip with the amazing fountain show.   Not only was everything inside upscale, but the art was amazing as well.


This is the Chihuly installation near the front desk of the hotel.  It is called Fiori di Como.  Chihuly is a glass artist specializing in hand-blown glass sculptures and instillations.  His work has been on exhibit in almost ever major museum in the world and has pieces throughout the United States and many other countries.   This was the largest Chihuly I had seen to date and was blown away at the colors and beauty of it all.

A close-up of the flowers


Beneath the flowers was this gigantic horse sculpture covered in metallic mosaic tiles.  I'm sure they have someone cleaning this thing all day long to keep it looking amazing.  It's not really a kid-friendly hotel, so kid-prints are probably not much of an issue.

After coming back home and looking at all my pictures, I made two conclusions -1. I needed a WAY better camera and 2. I needed to take more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment